Author Topic: Casual Coders  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Waffle

• Champion
  • New Foal
  • AS3 Coder - Vector Animator
    • My Deviant
Casual Coders
« on: 2012-October 05, 00:33:39 »
So I've browsed the forums a few times and it seems everyone is preparing. My question is: Is this also for casual coders? Like I am not able to spend that much time on this but I would like to produce a good game for the community. If so are there other people who like will only spend a few hours at this?

Offline Pix3m

• New Foal
  • Amatuer pixel artist
    • My deviantART.
Re: Casual Coders
« Reply #1 on: 2012-October 05, 00:45:45 »
A few hours? I am curious as to what sort of stuff somebody can make with just a few hours. I'm planning to spend at least 30 hours on this.

Offline Matias

• Hisha The Unicorn
  • Administrator
  • *insert personal text here* - Later..
« Reply #2 on: 2012-October 05, 00:55:32 »
So I've browsed the forums a few times and it seems everyone is preparing. My question is: Is this also for casual coders? Like I am not able to spend that much time on this but I would like to produce a good game for the community. If so are there other people who like will only spend a few hours at this?

You don't have to use all 48 hours. You could use this as a kickstart. To get started. You are allowed to continue the project after the jam.
Heya everypony. This is a signature. /)

Offline AnsisMalins

• Black belt in .NET
    • LiveStream
« Reply #3 on: 2012-October 05, 11:27:12 »
Yeah, I think the biggest challenge for everyone here will be coming up with a design that they can implement in time and with almost no playtesting.

Offline Waffle

• Champion
  • New Foal
  • AS3 Coder - Vector Animator
    • My Deviant
« Reply #4 on: 2012-October 05, 14:59:24 »
I think I'm just go and look for some official games after seeing the theme of this weekend. Trying to find a good and simple one and rework it maybe with some original gimmicks added to it. I think the hardest part is to get all the artwork and sound done.