Competition Forum > Competition Freetalk

Anypony nervous about the competition? The let me give you tips.

(1/2) > >>

Wishdream:
Just as title said.
If your nervous about something. I'll give you some tips.

Just say it ^^
I'm a veteran Ludum Dare participant by the way~

TrixieTheGreatandPowerful:
Why would the greatest pony fear anything?

DuckOfDoom:

--- Quote from: Wishdream on 2012-September 19, 04:55:27 ---I'm a veteran Ludum Dare participant by the way~

--- End quote ---

This actually doesn't help us newbies feel less nervous. :D

I think there is no reason for being nervous, we're just a bunch of guys who like ponies and making games. And I think that this compo is a great chance to test your skills at time planning and production without a fear to lose anything. Good luck everyone and don't be afraid to express yourself.

Now back to my drawing training... 2 weeks left and I draw like 5 years old. :D

MIA:

--- Quote from: Wishdream on 2012-September 19, 04:55:27 ---If your nervous about something. I'll give you some tips.

--- End quote ---

lol, I'm not nervous about something, I'm nervous about nearly everything. I never did a game before, or for that matter anything with advanced graphics or any sound. Also developing, testing and publishing something what should run on generic systems in such a time frame is something new to me.

So this will be a very interesting challenge for me.

Wishdream:

--- Quote from: MIA on 2012-September 19, 22:00:53 ---
--- Quote from: Wishdream on 2012-September 19, 04:55:27 ---If your nervous about something. I'll give you some tips.

--- End quote ---

lol, I'm not nervous about something, I'm nervous about nearly everything. I never did a game before, or for that matter anything with advanced graphics or any sound. Also developing, testing and publishing something what should run on generic systems in such a time frame is something new to me.

So this will be a very interesting challenge for me.

--- End quote ---

Well... I suggest practicing then. Make a small engine out of what ever your doing. May it be a snake engine or a platformer engine. Just get used to it.

Your graphics doesn't have to be complicated. Heard of 8-bit graphic style? That should help. A lot.

On the sound, you can use BFXR. An 8 bit sound generator.

Also, stick to one resolution. Make sure it's a commonly used one.
Stick to 640x480 for the most compatible resolution.

Try giving yourself a challenge too. The 15 minute challenge with pre-made graphics, sound and music should help ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version