Competition Forum > Questions & Feedback

What is the allowed maturity level?

<< < (2/3) > >>

VioletLinked:

--- Quote from: Compony on 2012-September 06, 16:31:57 ---Sorry for the confusion, we were just joking in the IRC channel ;)

To answer your question: We want to keep the competition PG-13, that means gore, clop and such are completely forbidden.

If you need to include questionable things like drugs, please try to "ponify" them (sugar as a drug for example), then you're good to go!

--- End quote ---

So no IWBTG-like blood splatters or saw blade deaths? Or is cartoony stuff alright?

Compony:
An IWBTG style game should be okay, as long as you get rid of the unnecessary blood and gore (or use cartoony stuff like cupcake filling instead)

A_Human_Wizard:
Have them explode into sprinkles, lol

VioletLinked:
Is it possible I could base my game off a gorefic/scarefic/miseryfic I wrote earlier?
(The game would turn out like this... limbo X iwbtg X meatboy (The story of limbo, a deep personal meaning, the difficulty and comedy of iwbtg, and the challenge and preciseness of meatboy....
I'd be very violent, but cartoony and have a hidden meaning... Possibly iwbtg X limbo like deaths, you get them a lot, and the image of death burns into your brain and will constantly annoy you... Is this to much?))
I think I already know the answer is No, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Rylius:
Rules clearly state no gore.
Violence in the style of the show is alright (ie Derpy dropping an anvil (and various other items) on Twilight), but don't go farther than that.
Having something heavy dropped on your head is also an okay way to "kill" a player, just keep it cartoony.
We don't want to see splatter games, this is about ponies after all.

Long story short, cartoon violence similar to the show is alright.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version