Author Topic: Greetings topic!  (Read 21263 times)

Offline Kingsley

• New Foal
  • Blank flank
    • art blog
Re: Greetings topic!
« Reply #15 on: 2012-September 05, 21:55:09 »
G'day, I'm Kingsley, from Canada. I draw, I code, I haven't game jammed before. Lets see what happens!
Most of my experience is in GML and Unity/C#, the latter being most comfortable.
« Last Edit: 2012-September 05, 21:57:13 by Kingsley »

Offline DShou

• New Foal
  • Lone Wolf - Rawr~
« Reply #16 on: 2012-September 06, 00:19:10 »
Hai everyone~

Name's Steve Chen, going by DShou or DSkyo normally.

I have like 0 years of experience with game development, the various times I've played with any game engines I tend to forget about it in a week or two.

But that's something I want to change, the lack of experience and all, especially since I went with the Gaming Major for college . . . !

(So like, that means I kind of put a challenge on myself to try and be able to learn how to make something 'at all' for this Game Jam.)

So far I'm more a digital artist with some bits of knowledge on spriting (dA link provided in siggy) and I'm currently reading some textbooks on coding and music theory at the moment while I wait for the Jam to start. I'll be aiming towards working with C# and AS3 and also working towards making 2D games.

Yea, I know it'll be extremely difficult, so really my goal for the Jam is to make an extremely simple game that is at least playable even if not entertaining by deadline time.
« Last Edit: 2012-September 06, 00:21:18 by DShou »

Offline jigpu

• New Foal
  • poni.
« Reply #17 on: 2012-September 06, 06:06:36 »
Hiya!

The name here's Jason. I'm a Linux hacker whose job it is to write drivers for the kernel and X11. As you may have guessed, most of my experience is in massaging data as it traverses the stack from hardware to application and vice-versa. I rarely write applications themselves, and have essentially zero experience with game development.

I'm interested in this jam for two reasons. Firstly, it gives me an excuse to practice my (rarely used) application development skills. Secondly, after the jam is over, I can check out how others have written their games to get an idea of how they work.

Since I don't know any game development frameworks, I'll probably be coding the entire thing from scratch. I might try to scavenge the engine from my Python port of Desktop Ponies (shameless plug) but I don't know how much that'd help since it can do little more than move transparent windows around the desktop...

My game's guarnteed to be terrible, but whatever 8)

JigPu

Offline SlimStyle

• New Foal
  • Personal text ? From me ? - YES YOU! /Admin :p
« Reply #18 on: 2012-September 06, 11:22:46 »
Hi everypony !

I'm SlimStyle and I'm a newbie in the world of game development, but I'm learning. My favorite language is the Python for its simplicity of use, but sometime, I use C/C++ just in case I need a really fast language.

So I hope I will learn a lot thanks to this Jam! I'll try to do my best and make the funniest game ever.

Offline Vanni

• ʇxǝʇ lɐuosɹǝd
« Reply #19 on: 2012-September 06, 14:17:11 »
Since this is the thread to know each other, I'm posting again to say that i completely forgot to mention my Youtube account:P
There you can find "experiments" I've done with RPG Maker and progress about my current game project.

Offline Twilight_Sparkle[NLR]

• Global Moderator
  • Evil Twilight, nough said.
« Reply #20 on: 2012-September 06, 14:42:57 »
Advertising here is perfectly fine :)

Glad to see so many awesome people getting involved in the contest
looking forward to this so much :D

Good luck and have fun! <.< >.> and don't forget to read all the books! ;)  8) 8)
FOR THE NLR! <.< >.>

Offline Loyk

• New Foal
  • It needs to be about 20% cooler.
    • LoykedOnGames
« Reply #21 on: 2012-September 19, 19:23:10 »
Hello there everypony, I'm Loyk (pronounced "lock").

While this is my first game jam, I'm getting my bachelors degree in both game design and 3D modeling.
I've made quite a few games for classes, obviously, but this will be my first test of how I do outside of class guidelines and expectations.

Also, I need to get going on my portfolio; and I had been contemplating making a pony-themed game before I heard about this - so this is a perfect opportunity in many regards. :D

Offline DuckOfDoom

• (❍ᴥ❍)
« Reply #22 on: 2012-September 19, 21:18:55 »
I'm Vladimir from Moscow.

I'm completely self-taught in programming and I'll use Unity3d and C# because those are the things i'm most confident in working with.

I don't really have any expirience in gamejamming and have been working on only one game project in my life but I'm looking for the ways to improve.
I hope this jam will provide some interesting stuff and people to learn from. :D

I also play some instruments so I'll try to compensate with music for my inability to draw properly. Or not. We'll see how it goes. :D

Offline Pix3m

• New Foal
  • Amatuer pixel artist
    • My deviantART.
« Reply #23 on: 2012-September 19, 23:28:41 »
Hello guys.

You guys may know me as Pix3m. This will be my first game jam. My game programming experiences aren't really much to talk about as I'm only familiar with GML and have some familiarity with AS3. However, if there's one thing that I can really bring to the competition, it's game graphics.

Am I good with game graphics? I can say that a certain admin here is using some of my pixel art as their avatar. Just sayin'.

Offline Compony

• Administrator
  • Crazy pony
« Reply #24 on: 2012-September 20, 00:37:02 »
Hello guys.

You guys may know me as Pix3m. This will be my first game jam. My game programming experiences aren't really much to talk about as I'm only familiar with GML and have some familiarity with AS3. However, if there's one thing that I can really bring to the competition, it's game graphics.

Am I good with game graphics? I can say that a certain admin here is using some of my pixel art as their avatar. Just sayin'.

<3

Me:

My name's Compony, @gentlecolt on twitter and I'm part of the organization team of this little competition here ;)

Experience in game development? Well I tried a few things in the past. Java, C++, Game Maker, RPG Maker, XNA, Unity, Unreal Engine, ... but I'm kinda stuck on ActionScript3 / haXe which I'm using right now. I'm also trying to get the hang of mono and monogame because there's no decent haXe IDE on OSX...

I hope you're all gonna have fun!
Let's jam this *squee*!

Offline Palm

• New Foal
  • Blank flank
« Reply #25 on: 2012-September 20, 11:51:49 »
Hello, My name is Palm.

Don't have a lot of experience in game development, almost intimidated by the merit list people pull out here.
Soo.. uhm..  Well...   Hello everypony and good luck. :)